Personal Tips on Decreasing Stress
Yes, stress is annoying BUT there are many ways of dealing with stress:
- First of all, take a step back and breathe. Take slow deep breaths.
- The key thing to remember is the term “friends” (not the TV show). You have friends and family that care about you and want to see you succeed in life. If you are stressed, TALK TO THEM! That is what they are there for! You know that if they were in your place, you would want them to share their feelings with you.
- Venting to anyone who will listen is good for the heart and soul; it decreases the pressure that you have put on yourself and makes the tasks that you need to complete more manageable.
- Take time out of your day to watch that favorite TV show or movie of yours. Don’t have a marathon but just watch an episode or two to relax and unwind.
- Go out and soak up the sun (while it lasts).
- Exercise. (I barely exercise so this one might not be for me but for any exercise enthusiast, this will be a great way to unwind.
- Divide out your tasks for specific days. It’ll overwhelm you less.
- Eat and sleep well. Pulling all-nighters will just make your mood even worse.
- Drink normal amounts of coffee to keep you awake.
- Avoid procrastination.
- Talk to professors about the assignment.
Tagged: #ncstate #North Carolina State University #NC State Admissions #ncsu_ananya #ncstate ananya reddy #submission #beat stress #yoga #relax #venting with friends #breathe #lean on me #tips